Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Faves ~ 1.10.14

I get no kick-backs from any of these products. Well, the last one I get kisses!
It is Friday again and here is another list of some favorite things of my week! Be sure to share YOUR favorites in the comments below!
  1. Penzey's Spices-  These are new to me. A sweet friend gave me a four-pack for Christmas. It was such a thoughtful gift as I am still building our spice collection back up after moving back to the US. NOW...you might think "spices are spices". TIS NOT SO, my friends! You can taste the difference with these spices! I have used them every. single. day. this week. She gave me fresh ground pepper, mural of flavors, garlic powder, and fresh ground cinnamon. And each comes with a card with suggestions. Oh my word! The cinnamon is sweet and spicy and tastes so much better! LOVE THESE and I happen to live near a store, which is rare thing I have learned. Yay! Find them online here. YOU WILL NOT be disappointed!
  2. Peter and the Star Catcher- My daughter, a sophomore, needed to go see a live production during winter break for her drama class. We are lucky to live in LA and those are not hard to find. Again, I had never heard of this show, despite it's success at the Tony's (probably while we in Beijing). I had no expectations whatsoever. She and I went to see it at the Ahmanson Theater in LA. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I did learn ahead of time two things: it is a prequel to Peter Pan and that it is not a musical. Both of these things made me a little skeptical. All of that FLEW (pixie dust I am sure) right out of the window once it began. The entire show was entertaining, funny, CLEAN and so so so very creative! I have seen quite a few Broadway shows and this is in my top 3! GO SEE IT!
  3. dōTERRA Deep Blue Rub- Yep, I've got quite a few friends that sell it. Nope, not getting anything from posting this. This stuff is pricier than Icy Hot, for sure, but this week I have been using it daily (first week of P90X 3). The aroma is not as pungent as the drug store versions, it is ALL NATURAL and works so darn good! I will ALWAYS have this on hand.
  4. Jupiter- Of course, he should be on my faves every week, but this week in particular. First, the twelve year old boy has been sick and Jupiter acted differently. He laid right on top of D as if to protect him and comfort him, absolutely amazes me. But then Jupi got an eye infection, darn fur around his eyes. We all love up on him even more when he is suffering. Speaking of...this dog has still had 1 or 2 fleas every single day since we've moved here! I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, yes everything that I can find (foggers, meds, powder for food, sequestering inside, oils...). I, literally, am obsessed about picking through his fur hourly. The fleas are not in our furniture and we don't have any carpet or bites ourselves, but it is so annoying. Any suggestions will land YOU on a future Friday Faves!
Agree? Disagree? Suggestions? Helpful?
Be sure to comment below!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got my Deep Blue oil!! Ready to start P90X3 on Monday!!!!